Fight or Flight
Honestly, 100% of the time I'd rather choose Flight.. When faced with a tough situation, I'd prefer to either run away or pretend the problem is not there or try to do something only to give up all too soon. It's an easy way out I guess..
Running away or pretending the problem isn't there doesn't make the problem go away unfortunately. It only means a delay in dealing with the problem and sometimes the delay makes things even worse.
Giving up all too soon means missing out on the opportunity the situation brings. Thinking back, one of my proud achievement is actually to be able to ski. Learning to ski was unbelievably difficult (a contrast to how easy it seems) and I was already at the edge of giving up. But somehow I managed to stick to it and didn't give up. And boy! how I'm glad I didn't.
I would also consider my work assignment in Japan as one of my toughest point in my life. There were countless times when all I wanted to do was just throwing in the towel. But staying on and keep fighting at those two situations actually stretched me beyond what I thought I could do.
This needs to be my constant reminder: Be courageous, face the problem and keep fighting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home