God Is Good All The Time
Last week I left Kobe to go up to the mountain in Nagano with my church buddies for our yearly winter holiday.. and up I went along with a baggage of problems that have been wearing me down. Alongside is my fully packed iPod which I just bought from my bro DC. The iPod proves to be a great blessing for this trip. The 8 hour ride on bus was more endurable with hundreds of songs to listen to. And skiing was much more enjoyable with nice songs in the background. My skiing speed was tuned to the songs. For an upbeat song, I switched to higher gear and vice versa. Real fun!
Then it was while skiing down slowly, one song captivated me. It was a song by Don Moen, "God is good all the time". What he was saying at the song was so overwhelming, I had to stop..don't really want to admit it but I stopped because I was crying (well only a bit.. trust me :) Anyway, here is what he was saying:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Maybe it's not easy for you right now to believe that God is on your side
And God is not asking you to pretend
Listen. Tough and painful situations have a way of bringing questions to all of us
But it's still true.. God is for you
He hasn't forgotten you
And sometimes you need to look beyond the circumstances
And declare by faith God is good all the time
And all the time God is good
I have received numerous letters from people who have experienced God's grace in the midst of tragedy
But I was especially moved by this letter
Dear Don,
You don't know us and we don't know you, except through your praise and worship music
We understand you wrote the song, God is good all the time.
This song has impacted my husband and me more than you realize.
Our son along with 7 other young people and 4 adults have travelled to a remote lake in the Canadian wilderness for a spiritual retreat and fishing trip. All week long they have been singing "God is good all the time" as the theme song for the retreat.
Late one night after a wonderful time of fishing and fellowship around the campfire, they got into their boat to travel back to the cabin on the other side of the lake. A storm came up suddenly and before they can paddle to shore, heavy waves and strong wind capsized their canoe and 2 boats they have been in. As they were clinging to the boats in the icy 29 degree water, they sang the song they have been singing all week. God is good all the time. And committed their lives to their Creator. Out of the 12 only 4 survived. Our son, Joseph, did not. But I know he was able to face death without fear.
My friend, perhaps you are in midst of the storm that is threatening to capsize your marriage, your family, your health or your finances.
Listen. God hasn't forgotten you and He isn't against you. God is for you and He wants you to trust Him today in the midst of whatever storm you are facing. Let His peace come to you as we declare by faith, God is good all the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdClvbdhTpc&feature=related
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I wiped away my little tears, thanked God for His goodness and continued skiing down happily for the few days to come (A blog on this to follow after).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home