The Good Samaritan
Back in the good old Perth, I was driving slowly out of car park tonite when suddenly a pick-up car behind me signalled me to stop. A very nice young couple inside it pointed to me that I have a flat tyre. Then they went on to ask me if I needed any hand to change the tyre or not. And they did help me doing the whole thing, coz actually I had no idea whatsoever how to change a car tyre (I probably know now after standing there the whole time watching the guy doing everything).
I must say that their act of kindness touched my heart soooo deeply, especially when I found out later that they're Christian. This is truly what sharing God's love is about. I guess for me action always speaks louder than words. If a person says that s/he loves me, but her/his action doesn't reflect that, then the words are just hollow to me. But a help extended to a stranger in need, sacrificing time and energy without expecting anything in return.. man! you don't need to say a word about love, coz I could see it all clearly.
It is this sacrificial love that I received tonite that reminded me once again about my first love with Jesus and of what He wants me to do as His follower.. and the same love I'm praying will give a nudge in the heart of my mom and sis who were with me tonite.. that they may feel God's love through this act of kindness.
May the Lord bless that lovely couple abundantly...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home