Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer in Japan

This year, the summer is pretty short.. even though we're only at the end of August, the weather has cooled down a lot. Thank God for that!

I have to say that summer is the worst time to be in Japan. It was only after 4 years that I have come to (quite) accept it.. I remember dreading it so much whenever summer was around the corner.. I would arrange my schedule as such that I won't be in Japan for as long as possible during summer time. Even though I grew up and spent the first 21 years of my life in a tropical country, summer in Japan is still a hard time for me. The heat and humidity is no way comparable to Indonesia, my motherland.

And on top of that, there's always this loud noise from scarry looking insects, named Cicada (Japanese call it "Semi"). I guess they look scarry to me because they're big and they have big eyes and they're big..big..big.... and they make loud, loud noise.. with their wings and their voice
Here is what Mr Wiki says about them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada


I have managed to capture their "songs" during my walk to my Japanese school one day (it was a hard take, cause I was trying not to get too close, but at the same time I wanted to take a good shot of it):



They look like Kamen rider, the hero in Japanese kids movie that I watched when I was little. I suppose the author must have been captivated so much by this creature that it inspired him/her to create Kamen rider.. my eyes go bigger as I thought about this..

Anyway, now that summer is nearly over, I'm looking forward to the beautiful autumn in Japan. Hopefully I'd be able to do a bit of travelling this autumn and capture the nature beauty of this land and share them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home