Skiing in Austria
Few things could excite me more than going on a skiing holiday.. in fact, there are only a handful number of things that I am really passionate about.. and skiing is definitely on the top list. The adrenaline rush, the magnificent view from the top, the unusual peace and quietness while skiing down, the possibility of falling on the snow and in the end, after all the fun, I always find myself a fitter and healthier person..
I must say that Austria is really an awesome place for winter holiday.. I love that place and truly wish that one day I'll be able to have a holiday home there *dream dream dream*
Their architecture is interesting and the people are nice, friendly and helpful.. and the food is delicious...hmm...yumm...yummm...
And of course the blogger has got to be in the pictures too, doesn't she? :)
Just like God has rested on the 7th day, so did we on the 3rd day of skiing, which is said to be most potential day for accidents.. although of course, accidents could happen anywhere anytime.. for example, another colleague of mine, whose snowboarding skill no one doubts, came back from a winter holiday with a broken foot.. for sure, it wasn't because of snowboarding, but rather a cooking pan dropped on his foot.. alas!
At the end of the day, I have concluded:
- The best 40 euro I've ever spent was on a 2-hr private skiing lesson in Austria
- The best 200 euro I've ever spent was on a pair of skiing jacket and pant.. I wasn't happy to pay for it at first, because it was not on my budget at all.. coming from Japan, I thought it would be the same system where I could rent the skiing gear. Imagine my shock on the first day, when all is ready but no skiing gear :) and that skiing gear that I bought turn out to be sooo good that I touch them with delight and take good care of them.. the materials are good, strong and comfortable.. the colour combinations are pretty good (although I would be happier if I could find a brighter one :).. and the size just fits me.. oh! and it has lots of pockets.. very handy! one for the lift ticket, one for the map, one for money, one for camera, one for lipstick.. well.. you got the idea :) so, here I was in my loveliest dearest suit :))) mind you, any negative comment on it will be just blown away by the wind.. :)
- And at last, the best money I've ever spent on holiday was this ski trip to Austria.. and I believe that skiing would be just the perfect honeymoon getaway.. imagine.. doing the thing you love with someone you love... *romantic mode on*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home