Monday, July 07, 2008

The C Word

Somehow 'Commitment' has recently been a frequent theme popping up in my life.. my friends and I were talking about it when we had to sign up for the annual membership paper in our church. I have no problem signing up for it, in fact always looking forward to it. Simply because I love my church and am proud to be part of it. However, some friends have different point of view and thus they decided not to sign it even though they are regular attendees and already serving in the church. Their view is more like not to be bound to any church and freely moving between churches while serving God. A view which I think is pretty valid and I don't blame them for that. I guess I just don't support it because where I am standing is you grow where you are planted. And somehow I tend to think of this also as an important way to learn to commit myself to something.

Anyway, I like to think of myself as a pretty committed person, but then recently I was confronted quite frontally and have come to admit that this is actually one area of my life that I still have to grow. It wasn't a pretty confrontation and I didn't take it well, but once the storm has passed, I'm forever grateful for the lesson I learnt that day from a caring brother.

In the end, another bro was sharing that commitment is actually positive.. making you have that sense of belonging, to be part of something, rather than being controlled/restricted in the negative way.

2 Comments:

At 7/21/2008 10:57 AM, Blogger AbigaiL said...

HI Leti, you still remember me? I'm Fenita, your friend when we're still in ICC Perth :P I'm in Japan now, glad to know that you're in Japan too! Maybe someday we should meet up. Btw, in which city of Japan?

 
At 7/25/2008 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's right leti.. commitment is the same across different culture,religion..commitment itself has no religion,race,gender..

you will find that in buddish,taoisnm christian , commitment is the same each culture :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home